Lake City Car Accident Lawyer
Our Douglas & Carter Lake City accident attorneys believe in your case and are here to assist you. After suffering from a car accident, the last thing you want to do is deal with claim, agents and insurance companies. The Douglas & Carter team is always available to discuss your case and will help you through, what can be, a very difficult time. With the assistance or our accident attorneys, you can focus on getting better and getting your life back. Rest easy knowing that you can trust your case to be handled by a team providing you the most helpful and necessary information so you are able to make the best decisions.
Our attorneys’ families have deep roots for many generations in the Lake City area and are committed to working hard for our local Lake City clients, utilizing every resource at our disposal. We routinely appear in court in all seven counties that make up the Third Judicial Circuit.
We Take it Personally
No matter your situation, our Lake City car accident lawyers at Douglas & Carter will be with you every step of the way, ensuring that your interests are protected. When our clients have been injured, wronged, accused or otherwise damaged, we take it personally. While we cannot guarantee the success of any given venture, we do promise that our team will provide honest, competent and zealous legal representation.
Open, Honest and Ongoing Communication
When you call us to represent you after an accident, you can expect to receive honest counsel, a team dedicated to your success, and regular communication with updates as to how your case is progressing. You deserve to know the truth about your case as well as a realistic expectation of the outcome. Our experienced team will come up with a strategy for the success of your case. For each client we take on we have a “roundtable” discussion with our lawyers and professionals to provide specialized legal advice.
After that strategic process, we will advise you on your best options to achieve optimal results. Throughout the process, our team will communicate with you regularly on the progress of your case, as the claims process does not always have to be drawn out. Many personal injury cases are settled outside of court; however, it is important to know that some do move forward to trial – which is why, at every stage, we carefully position your claim to be ready for a successful trial.
Strength and Dedication on Your Side
Local Lake City attorney Patrick V. Douglas has spent years gaining the insight and experience you will rely on to provide the best possible outcome for your accident as it proceeds to trial. Fluent in Spanish, and involved in many successful personal injury cases, Mr. Douglas is an asset to your case. Regardless of the state of your case, whether it be in pre-suit, mediation or at trial, Mr. Douglas has the experience to represent you. Mr. Douglas teams up with attorney Sara Jane Carter, who has extensive experience defending injury cases as well as representing injured people. Mrs. Carter is a strong advocate and leaves no stone unturned as she gathers the needed information to build a solid case for trial.
What to Do if You Have Been Injured in a Car Accident in Lake City or Jacksonville
Getting hurt in a car accident is not only painful but traumatic as well. It can be a very confusing time while you struggle to figure out what to do with your car, how to get medical help, and how to deal with the other driver. This is understandable, so no matter what you do after a car accident, just be sure and call Douglas & Carter for a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys in Jacksonville and Lake City. If you have just been in an accident and aren’t sure what to do, consider any of the following tips which may be applicable to you.
- Get Medical Help: If you or anyone else has been seriously injured, your first concern should be with getting medical help. Seek First Aid, or call 9-1-1. Whether you are treated at the scene or taken to the hospital or not, be sure and follow up with your doctor soon after the accident. Some serious conditions may not be immediately apparent, but symptoms can arise days later. Remember that unless you seek treatment for an emergency medical condition within 14 days of the accident, you can be limited to receiving only $2,500 in PIP (no-fault) benefits.
- Call the Police: The police should be notified in any accident where there is an injury or significant property damage. If possible, don’t move the vehicles so the police can make an accurate report. If you do need to move the vehicles out of traffic, please be careful. Don’t leave the scene until the police arrive, so you can give them information about yourself and the accident. Leaving the scene of an accident can get you in trouble with the law and damage your case.
- Exchange Information: Exchange information with the other driver such as your name, insurance policy number, driver’s license number and contact information. It is best to otherwise limit your conversations with the other driver. For instance, don’t get into details about your insurance coverage, and don’t get into a discussion about who was at fault.
- Gather Evidence: Take several pictures of the scene, including the damage to both vehicles or other property. If there are witnesses, try to get their contact information and a description of what they saw.
- Call Your Insurance Company: To protect your rights under your insurance policy, it is usually necessary to report the accident as soon as you can after the accident.
- Call Douglas & Carter: Our Lake City and Jacksonville car accident attorneys will go to work right away investigating the accident, securing evidence, and building a strong case so that you are in the best position to obtain a significant settlement from the insurance company, or take the case to court if necessary to get the full amount of compensation due to you.
Your Lake City Car Accident Lawyer, Working for You
Whether it is you or a loved one that has been injured due to the negligence of another driver, Douglas & Carter is on your side. Call or email our Lake City car accident lawyers for a free consultation, and become a part of the Douglas & Carter family.