Lake City Personal Injury Lawyer
Lake City Personal Injury Attorneys Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
If you’ve been involved in a serious accident, or have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, you likely have questions and concerns about what happens next. If you’ve been injured in Florida, you need a Lake City personal injury lawyer with the resources and experience to help you get the compensation you deserve. At Douglas & Carter, our team of personal injury attorneys is always ready to help you through this challenging time.
- Aviation Accident
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Accident
- Boat Accident
- Car Accident
- Catastrophic Injury
- Defective Product
- Dog Bite
- Motorcycle Accident
- Nursing Home Injury
- Pool & Swimming Accident
- Premises Liability
- Slip & Fall
- Truck Accident
- Watercraft Accident
- Wrongful Death
When you choose Douglas & Carter to represent you for your personal injury matter, our team will conduct their own thorough investigation and ensure every detail of your accident is clearly documented. We can help you get the medical treatment you need, and we are not afraid to take a case to trial. Our personal injury attorneys are aggressive, yet compassionate.
Causes of Lake City Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury claims can arise from a number of different types of losses. Some of the more common ones include:
- Accidents — can be a vehicle, boat, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian, etc.
- Premises liability — slip and falls, trip and falls, construction site accidents, etc.
- Defamation — libel and slander
- Medical malpractice — can include birth injuries
- Intentional torts — assault, battery, etc.
- Dog bites
- Airplane and train accidents
- Products liability
- Workplace accidents
How Your Lake City Attorney Can Assist with Your Personal Injury Case
There are numerous benefits to hiring Douglas & Carter to represent you. Our team will manage all the details, so you only have to work on your recovery. Some of the ways we can help include:
- Handle all communication with the at-fault party’s insurance and/or attorney;
- Negotiate your medical bills and make sure providers know the status of your case;
- Investigate and find all liable parties;
- Retain experts, like a doctor who can attest to your injuries, whether treatment was reasonable and necessary, and what the future prognosis is;
- Handle all negotiations with the other side; and
- Prepare a trial strategy if the case doesn’t appear it will settle out of court.
Types of Compensation Recoverable in a Personal Injury Case
Depending on the circumstances of your individual personal injury case, there are different types of compensation that you may be entitled to. These include:
- Reimbursement of medical expenses, including hospital, physical therapy, etc.;
- Compensation for future medical expenses and treatment;
- Reimbursement for damages to your physical property, like your vehicle;
- Loss of earnings, which can include a figure for future time off or reduced earning capacity in the event you cannot do the same job you had prior to the accident; and
- Pain and suffering you endured.
In select scenarios, the court may issue an award for punitive damages. These are only awarded in extreme cases when the court feels the defendant’s actions were so egregious, he or she needs to be punished.
Retaining a Lake City Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact Douglas & Carter at 386-752-5511 today to schedule a consultation.